Saturday, July 3, 2010

Your Stars, both Wars and Trek

Working on another Star Trek pot holder despite being too stupid to make this version actually work.  I had a good chunk of this blue left which I thought would be enough for another full pot holder.  Well, I was wrong about that, so I may be making still more.

I have absolutely no idea where I put the chart for the delta, so I had to get it off one of my other (already felted) pot holders.  A logical being would've made a chart from this one and put it in a logical place before felting, so I'm sure you know what I did.

Here's the full thing, pre-felting, pre-border.  This time I decided to do a double crochet border instead of two rows of single crochet.  It seems to have worked out pretty well compared to the earlier version, and it has the added benefit of being lazier.

Once it's dry, I'm going to try adding some details to the delta.  I suspect the conversation with myself will go, "Circles?  Pfft, how hard is it to stitch some stupid circles?  Or, now that I actually look at it, a circle with a dealie in it.  Yeah, whatever, I'll just use my human emotions."  And I assume this will be swiftly followed by a balloon and something bad happens.

Yoda finally finished tonight is.  Naturally I've painstakingly captured the "shoving fiberfill up his butt" stage.

I think I still kind of hate bobble stitch, but I think I like it better on Yoda than on Darth Vader.  I probably should not be thinking about the fact that his junk/butt are kind of hanging out of his robe, but I totally will (and now you are too).

His ears need some squeezing to get the points right.  Hopefully Yoda's not related to the Ferengi or things could get awkward.  (I don't know if I'm afraid this is the nerdiest post yet, or afraid that it's not.)

You can buy the pattern here if you'd like to try to make your own instead of trying to getting me to make you one.

No comments:

Post a Comment