Wednesday, July 28, 2010

No, this doesn't make me a furry, Kendra

I think I'm going to have to disagree with Cake Wrecks on this one: this Batman cookie is awesome.  I really want to know how they made the face or what they made it with since the body is just so gloriously half-assed.  I'm going to assume the baker's parents were brutally murdered, leaving them no time for decorating cookies--only vengeance.

Tonight's project: making stationary.

I've had these blank cards for awhile and couldn't think of anything to do with them until I had an epiphany in Michael's: Catwoman.

Catwoman has been my personal hero and role model since 1992. Catwoman is smart, sexy, and does whatever she wants.  Also, she's probably banging Batman, and I am totally on board with that.

Given my talents as an arteest, I've been raiding my own Photobucket and harnessing the power of the internet. This font is brilliant.  I don't know what I'd ever use it for, but if you get a letter from me entirely in Batman movie characters, this is why.

Onto the finished cards--

I really love this Alex Ross drawing.  Apparently it was auctioned off for a cat rescue, so thank god I didn't know that until just now. Even though she's showing a lot of leg, it seems like the complete opposite of crap like this.

The purple dress with the cape is probably my favorite Catwoman costume.  She's had some real ugly ones such as What The Hell Do Green Scales Have to Do With Cats? and Crazy Pirate Hooker, and I'll give her props for being one of the few costumed people to make it through the 90's without a really horrible costume redesign (enormous tits aside).  And I want you to know that the Green Scales thing is so horrible I can't even find a picture of it by itself.




You can see some of the pictures I'm still trying to think of stuff to do with behind the Batman Returns Catwoman.  She's fighting the Joker in the top one--I don't know if I'm going to use it since Catwoman fighting the Joker is awesome, but her face is weird, and her thighs look almost as big as mine.

The picture's by imaginarium on Deviant Art.  Going through there has reminded me I should probably post more nerd folk art since I've got the account anyway.


Oddly enough, the first cards I've made have all involved some of my favorite pictures of Catwoman.  Yes, I have a casual ranking of pictures of Catwoman.  I am that awesome.

I've been trying to track down a source for this picture so I can give credit.  I'll assume you know I didn't do anything more than print it and tape it onto a piece of paper.  Thanks to the wonderful way my awesome brain works, I can remember that it was based on a cosplayer, but not actually figure out a way to find who drew it.

The quote's from Catwoman's first appearance in Batman #1. If you have seen any panel from Batman #1, it's "Quiet or Papa spank!"  Which is an actual panel from an actual comic book published in 1940.  He's talking to Catwoman, whose old lady disguise is ruined by Batman noticing what great legs she's got.  Spoiler warning: there is no spanking.

I found Catwoman's bio picture from Akham Asylum.  I have no idea what's going on with parts of that costume: it's basically the current costume in purple, but with a corset like the Batman Returns costume.  And what confuses me is what look like garters, holding up...something.

But at least she zipped up her costume, god dammit, Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe.  I hate you more for being lazy and giving Catwoman a Fatality, but oh, how I loathe the unzipped costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment