Saturday, July 24, 2010

It's hip to be square

Aside from my other crafting obligations, this week's project is a felted purse.  Like this'un, except in awesome colors and without Marty McFly's Coast Guard jacket.

I thought about using Stitch Nation's Full of Sheep yarn since it was the same weight as a skein of Paton's Wool (100g), but the yardage is different.  Which...I don't know if that makes Full of Sheep more expensive or if that would affect the amounts I'd need.  So, yeah, I have no idea how yarn works.
I really like the colors Full of Sheep comes in, so I've sort of been looking for a project to use it for.  Other than another edition of Kate's Pot Holder Bonanza.

If you want to be awesome like me, the Patons colors I'm using are Emerald, Orchid, and Royal Purple (and the Full of Sheep colors I almost used are Little Lamb, Passionfruit, and Plummy).

Tonight I thought I'd finished one side of the bag, but the pattern says each piece will be 14" before felting and 12" after.  And mine is 10".  That would be quite impressive in certain contexts, but it's no good now.

My super-great plan for dealing with this size issue: add three more rows.  And if that doesn't work, my super-great back-up plan: add more rows.

No comments:

Post a Comment