Monday, June 28, 2010

Arts and crafts are basically my summer job

Finally got some good pictures of my awesome Batman cross stitch, and listed it on Etsy (along with my first eeveelutions cross stitch).

Right now I'm trying to figure out the projects schedule: my Glee swap needs to be shipped out by the 12th, I've got an afghan commission that's due...at some point this fall, and a project from Kristen and Steven.

At the moment, I think it looks kind of like a face.  And yes, once again, I'm sponging off black-lupin's patterns (she's the one who made the Kirk and the Spock face patterns I've used).  I'd probably go back to using my own skills and imagination, but why would I do that when I could cross stitch the Gorn?

It amuses me greatly that Kristen and Steven both sort of cringed at the idea of the TNG equivalent of the TOS patterns--and apparently the designer couldn't get the photo patterns to look right.

Mr. Theiss, while I appreciate the incredibly flimsy design of male Starfleet uniforms, would it have killed you to make the TNG division colors in shades that are easily captured by DMC embroidery floss?  My friends, there is nothing quite so depressing as standing in the needlework aisle, squinting at shades of teal thread, searching for the perfect shade to represent Medical teal (3765).  Command Security mustard is also challenging (3852, but I'm not sure if I'm happy about it).  The next fun challenge will be figuring out Data's skin tone and convincing myself that this is slightly less sad than knowing the plan of the ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment