Thursday, June 3, 2010

Don't phase me, bro

I can't tell if I'm enjoying cupcake drama or if I'm just horrified by almost everyone involved.  Also, I still don't understand why cake in any form would make fat people cry, unless it's locked away or smashed on the floor or something.  "Cups of cake" makes me think about the food in Wall-E and/or makes me want to stab myself in the eye.

Also, $8 for a cupcake?  People will pay $8 for 1/12-1/24 of a normal cake?  And all this time I've been giving it away for free?

***

This week's project: working on the old man's birthday present.  And by "birthday present", I may mean "Father's Day present".  And by "project", I may mean "attempting to purchase a present since he buys all the TV shows he wants and I don't think he even opened the last three books I gave him."  Since he already bought himself a Blu-Ray player, I'm looking for ideas on Amazon.  It's mostly making me think, "Why the hell would I need that on Blu-Ray?"

Anyway, back to actually crafting, I'm once again trying to blind myself.  This time with the slightly smug visage of James T. Kirk. 

I'm still trying to think of a good quote to put next to the face.  I suspect I'm just going to be completely lazy and just stitch the opening narration.  Of which there are apparently far more versions than I had realized (assuming Wikipedia isn't trying to punk me).

Or: "A starship captain's most solemn oath is that he will give his life, even his entire crew, rather than violate the Prime Directive."


I just don't know if I'd be able to stop laughing long enough to actually stitch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment