Tuesday, January 26, 2010


I don't care what anybody says: Kirk's green wrap around shirt will always be the captain's fat day shirt to me.

When Kristen first saw this, she read it as "FAT DAD" and my mother couldn't seem to read it at all.  So either Sparkle Text has finally failed me, or there's some sort of genetic defect in the family.

I'd been planning to make these for awhile, but I had to put it on hold (and hide ESCALATOR) while I was working on the Old Man's Christmas present.

As you can see, I was much more..."creative" in my framing of FAT DAY.  Which is in no way related to "cutting the fabric like a moron."  Because it is a completely artistic choice.  That represents a very meaningful allegory.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do with my red shirts yet, but I am happy to know that the x'ed out eyes read well in person.

I was going to backstitch Yeoman Rand's epic space-weave, but that worked much better on paper than on actual fabric.





No comments:

Post a Comment