Thursday, April 1, 2010

You can learn a lot of things from the flowers

Craft Hope has started their 7th project: educational bean bags for kids in Liberia.  I can't really sew, even by the standards of educational bean bags for under-served students, but we do have a whole lot of fabric lying around.

What's really unfortunate is that I probably won't be able to get down to my grandparents' before the deadline since there's at least one closet full of all the vintage fabric you could possibly want to haul away.

Also, I assume nobody has both the time and skill set to help me make a set of these?

***

One of my cousins is getting married.  Using my Batman-like detective skills, I determined that her kitchen is peach and green with some sort of apple motif (look, as the World's Greatest Detective, Batman would send somebody's mom a Facebook message if that was the best way to gather information)

So, I made these apple dish scrubbers to throw into the kitchen stuff my mother, sister, and I are giving.  In theory they're eco-friendly, but Kristen says no one would even be willing to use their little apple scrubbers to clean anything.  Apparently I need to start making crappier looking household items.

For some reason one of my spirals didn't come out as well as the other one.  The pattern's from Lion Brand, and they've got both this version and little apple wedges.  I skipped the hanging hook out of...well, mostly laziness, and I didn't have a good brown in acrylic or cotton, and it seemed completely pointless to make the whole thing harder to wash and dry just because of a wool "stem".





***


My honest toil of the past winter has turned into flowers.  The crocuses have come and gone, but the daffodils have come out, and people are apparently quite impressed by whatever those puffy blue ones are.

Unfortunately my goth tulips seem to have been influenced by the Laziest Little Dogwood and are taking their good sweet time actually blooming.


More recently in the world of honest toil, my money plant has started to sprout, so it's only a matter of time before all my troubles are over.  No more generic cereal and California wines for your pal Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment