Monday, January 2, 2012

Hooo Loves Christmas?

I bought the Septmber/October 2010 issue of Crochet Today for one reason: Ana Paula Rimoli made them an owl bag pattern.  The Kristen loves owls.  Given that everybody else loves owls right now, Kristen has become even more the easiest person to shop for.  For those of you who don't know my sister, she likes pink, princesses, and owls (Basically, the day I find a Sleeping Beauty doll that includes her owl friend is the day I become the Best God Damn Sister Ever).

This is some hot pink yarn I had for what I assume are Kristen related reasons and some baby pink from my yarn inheritance.

Looking down at the owl bag with its eyes, I said to myself, "This doesn't look enough like an owl."  And then I would've made some lame joke about talking to myself, but I'm the best conversationalist I know.  Clearly the answer was a triangle.  For that owl...face.  Thing.

I've heard of something called "blocking."  Based on my internet research, it involves some fancy magic board that costs lots of money.  It can also apparently be done using some sort of padded surface.

My commitment to quality is such that I decided to straighten the handles by pinning them to the ironing board.  And because the holiday season is such a busy time, I didn't bother to take the ironing board down first or anything.  I had cookies to bake!

No comments:

Post a Comment