Sunday, September 12, 2010

Ahead warp factor fun

Depending on my cruel masters' instructions, I am done with my TNG cross stitch.  I could go either way on adding metallic outlines to the logo.  And by "go either way" I mean I'll do it, but I won't enjoy it dammit.

Trying to make the badges two colors was probably a mistake.  I used the same technique for the TOS delta, but the silver doesn't really show up against the gold.  I think I'd need to make the base bigger to make it worth the effort but, like a total nerd, I've tried to approximate the comm badges in one square.

I decided that Data shouldn't be smiling, so along with changing his hair, I also changed the backstitch for the mouth.  Had I planned ahead, I would've also incorporated the Riker lean.

I don't know what's going on with that one eyebrow, but I want you to know that I'm really proud of myself for giving Troi cleavage.  That is the sort of attention to detail you get from my stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment