Saturday, March 20, 2010

Graph Paper Party

My Octopus's Garden is up at the Ink Circles blog.  I need to take some pictures of the thing I'm making for Michelle.

Yesterday I drew up two new patterns.  I got the verse for the Nintendo one from a book on traditional samplers (which was also my source for the exceptionally morbid death poetry.  Which now reminds me that I should make one with poison mushrooms).

Ever since I first took out the book I've been trying to think of some horrible thing to pair with this verse, and by "horrible", I mean alcohol related.  However, my limited art skills made that difficult, and then I thought "Video games."

I'll see how long the Nintendo Sampler takes to stitch before I decide what I'm going to do with it.  One of the suggestions for selling crafts is to figure out how much you want to get paid per hour--which would make cross stitch ludicrously expensive.  An alternative is to multiply the cost of supplies by two or three--which would put me in "sweatshop" territory.

I should already have the colors written down somewhere.  I'm trying to decide if I should just choose one bright color for the words or do it like the Super Mario World logo.  My assumption is that alternating every other letter would be 1)a pain in the ass and 2)ugly, but maybe do it by lines?  Words?

The other pattern from yesterday is another Star Wars one.  Everybody likes Yoda, right?

I got the alphabet from what used to be one of my go-to caption makers...until they started charging for most of the fonts.  And yeah, yeah, they can charge if they want to, but I can search the internet or old pattern books for free letters.

The colors are from my cousin's Christmas present, but I've gotten some more light greens since then, so I might change my mind about 703.

No comments:

Post a Comment