Which is why I have no progress pics. Anyway, this is a pattern from Amigurumi Two with some modifications. Shown here, I've just realized, with my first sad attempt at an Ana Paula pattern--Ugly Cup. Ugly Cup's punishment for my failure is to be jabbed with pins for making me feel bad about myself.
All of the stripes on her face are individually crocheted and then sewn on. The muzzle's also a separate piece (the head itself was worked from the top down). The skirt was something I improvised the night before. It's worked in double crochet because I was hoping to make the blue border a ripple pattern (like the bag I made for my first Glee swap and the afghan I'm working on now). Ripples require either multiple rows or advanced math.
Anyway, the original pattern has the tail solid orange like the arms and legs, but I figured it was worth the extra effort to add the stripes. For those of you playing along at home, start the tail with black yarn (you're starting at the tip that's what she said). Work about 3-4 rows in black, then change to orange. I just sort of eyed it to see what would look best. Also because at some point during the tail I lost count of my stitches.