Monday, May 21, 2012

Star Girl

I've been seeing star afghans on Craftster for awhile.  They're sort of like the ironic mustaches of crochet, but less confusing and prone to angrying up the blood.  Since I had my yarn inheritance and a video on YouTube, I thought: baby gift.

I did end up having to buy another skein of Soft White (not to be confused with Eggshell, Off White, or Aran), but it was either buy more yarn or end up with a stunted star.  I still have some of the light pink and rainbow left.

I was considering swapping the pink for Carolina Blue for a cousin's baby, but Kristen has suggested that the rainbow might be too effeminate.  I tried to sell her on the idea of God's covenant with Noah, but she's probably right that it's not worth the risk.

I assume it is only a matter of time before one or both of Kristen's dogs require UNC and/or Duke themed star blankets.

No comments:

Post a Comment