Thursday, December 22, 2011

Another Lazy Yet Decadent Simonsen Cookie Recipe

For most of the Xmas baking season I've been looking at tubes of premade peanut butter cookie dough and wondering if it would be socially acceptable to mix it with chopped up peanut butter cups.  Today I decided that I was going to live out this insane, PMS-fueled nightmare because...well, my family would probably eat pretty much any horrific baked good.

On the back of my holiday Reese's cups is a recipe for peanut butter cookies that are basically peanut butter cups surrounded by a thin layer of dough.  It was like a bright orange Christmas angel telling me to follow my heart because I'm sure Hershey's Chocolate Flavored Candy Products has my and my family's best interests at heart.

Ingredients



  • Bag of miniature peanut butter cups
  • Tube of peanut butter cookie dough
Chop up enough peanut butter cups to fill a small plate.  Pour into a bowl and mix with cookie dough.  Using the same knife works pretty well.  Stir until candy and dough is well mixed or until you get bored.  Shape dough into balls, squish with a fork, and bake according to directions printed on tube.  

In researching why you need to put the fork marks on the dough (other than because that is how it has always been done), I learned that there is something called a "cookie shovel."

No comments:

Post a Comment