Friday, February 5, 2010

I'd like to be under the sea

One of my other Snowpocalypse projects is Octopus's Garden.

If you cross stitch and have any online involvement with other cross stitchers, you are basically required to buy more Ink Circles patterns than you can complete.  I'm not even halfway done with Cirque des Cercles (which was started a year ago), I don't know if I've ever even taken Alchemical Romance out of the package, I bought the magazine with Growth Rings in it just in case I wanted to do it someday, and I still covet Much Heralded Sampler.

I'm young and in reasonably good health, so you might think that I could eventually complete four patterns.  What you don't realize is that there will always be more patterns.  And I will need to hoard them.

Anyway, octopuses.  This is one of my rare 14ct projects because those bastards at DMC and Charles Craft only make their interesting colored fabrics in 14 ct.  And I haven't leveled up yet, so I don't stitch on linen.  I'm using DMC Marbled Aida which I just happened to find in Hobby Lobby, sparing me from Charles Craft Polar Ice (it seemed like a good idea at the time.)  The marbled aida looks underwaterish and came with a free, incredibly god damn ugly pattern.

I re-did pretty much all of the color scheme, which has lead to some problems.  Two of my light greens look basically the same on a quick glance, so I had to try a few different things on the seaweed right next to the pink flower.

I'm holding off on one octopus since I'm going to use Carries Threads in Grape, and that floss isn't colorfast.  So, once that's in, washing is out.  But I don't care because it's gorgeous--the link doesn't really do it justice.  Here's an example of it in a law school present to Jamel.

No comments:

Post a Comment