Friday, September 25, 2009

Apparently they make flowers for goths, or at least people like me who aren't quite sure how they've managed to avoid being goth.

I went to K-Mart the other evening to try to get another seed starter tray.  The outside planters have looked like hell for awhile, and filling them with dirt seemed like a good idea at the time.  And was still better than dealing with pots full of dead plants and probably bugs.

My plan was to get some flower seeds and a mini-greenhouse, then rip out the crappy plants and put in the new ones.  I've been thwarted by the fact that Wal-Mart and K-Mart have both gotten rid of these sorts of things.

I did see a bag of goth blubs at K-Mart, but decided I wasn't going to pay $6 for them.  I picked up a smaller box for $3 at Kroger, and I'm too mathtarded to bother figuring out if this was a better deal or not.

My goth tulips are a black and purple color and have a name as bleak as my soul: Queen of the Night.  They bloom in spring, which seems like an odd choice for tulips designed to show the futility of life.

The internet has confirmed that, if I plant one of them inside now, it'll bloom a bit earlier than normal.  I need to find a good place for the rest of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment