Thursday, September 8, 2011

Here's the first two cross stitched ornaments for Christmas in Dixie.  Both of these are from 101 Christmas Minis, Book 2 (Leisure Arts #5523).  Most of them probably will be since they're designed for those little round ornament frames (so I don't need to trace cardboard or add piping or anything).

Ornament #1 with all the cross stitching done.  I changed some of the colors.  This is one of those pattern books where the patterns are printed in color, but the colors the book uses don't necessarily match up with the actual thread colors.  I find this annoying, especially when the moon pattern is pale yellow and the actual thread is off white.  As you can see, I made some changes.

As written, all the backstitching (outlining) was that dark brown.  I decided that was unnecessary since I have a metallic pale yellow.

I really like the way this one turned out, so I may have to make another one for tornado survivors...since this one's going to be entered in the VA State Fair.






For the other ornament I stitched all the letters as instructed.  I considered unleashing my vibrant creativity (and continuing to avoid buying more embroidery floss), but I figured I could spare a quarter for the one color I didn't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment